On behalf of the WVMA board, we are excited to usher in Ramadan. InshAllah, the first day of fasting will be Tuesday, April 13th, the last day of fasting will be on Wed., May 12th.
By the grace of Allah, we are excited to be able to offer outdoor Taraweeh prayers at the Los Gatos Islamic Center (LGIC) facility (register here daily). Due to COVID restrictions we ask that everyone read and adhere to the rules below. Hafidh Ebrahim Elaraqi has graciously agreed to lead our prayers with his beautiful recitation with the goal of completing a half juz' every night. Saratoga Musalla will continue to remain open during Ramadan for Fajr and Isha. Taraweeh will not be held at Saratoga Musalla or Prospect Center due to challenges with COVID restrictions. All programs will be livestreamed to our Facebook page (fb.com/WVMuslim).
- Capacity - 150 persons
- Registration - Register at: https://www.ncic.us/prayerbooking/lgic/. Opens the night before at Maghrib and ends the day of at Iftar. Every person (including children) will be required to register in order to attend. Unfortunately, anyone not registered will be turned away on-site without exception.
- Entry - Entrance will close at the end of Isha and no additional cars will be allowed in to allow for flow of cars out.
- Wudu & Bathrooms - No bathroom facilities will be open for use.
- Fairness - Any registrants who do not show up 3 times will not be allowed to register thereafter.
- Respecting Neighbors - Our neighbors love us, as we do them! To ensure we are respectful of our neighbors, we ask everyone to remain as quiet as possible. Do not slam doors on your way out or stay and socialize after prayer.
- Parking - No street parking. Please only park inside LGIC lot.
- COVID Protocol - Santa Clara County COVID Protocol will be adhered to, including social distancing and hand sanitizing. If you are sick, please stay home!
WVMA announces our First Annual Ramadan Coloring Contest! There will be two categories: Ages 3-4 and Ages 5-7. Print the .pdf at home and turn it in colored by the day of Eid to enter the contest. You may turn it in to Br. Ashfak or any BoD member; contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
1st Place: Submission will be framed and placed in the lobby of the Los Gatos Islamic Center (LGIC).
2nd Place: Gift certificate to Kareemi Restaurant
3rd Place: Gift certificate to House of Falafel
Participation Award: Ticket for one free sweet treat from Halal Meats!